Download THX tune-up™ iPhone iPad iOS
THX tune-up (TM) allows you to properly adjust your TV, projector and speakers, helping you get the most out of your entertainment system.
THX tune-up features custom video test patterns, carefully selected photos and tutorials to help you adjust and confirm the best picture settings on your display based on your room lighting. Using special test sounds, THX tune-up also lets you check your external speakers to make sure they are working in phase and are connected properly for 2-channel stereo or 5.1 surround sound systems.
THX tune-up is completely interactive and you will be able to go through it at your own pace and in any order. Use your iPad 2 (or later) or iPhone 4 (or later) to connect to your display or sound system with an AppleTM Digital AV Adapter and HDMI cable or through a wireless Apple TV.
To get started, locate the adjustment buttons on your television and audio video receiver (AVR) remote controls and then simply follow the THX app tutorials which will walk you through your “THX tune-up.” The app offers tips about your remote control, room lighting, viewing distance and other helpful advice.
• Aspect ratio – ensure your TV displays shapes and sizes correctly
• Brightness – make certain shadow details and night scenes are clearly visible
• Contrast – confirm white detail is distinct on your television
• Color – make sure colors are bright and vibrant but not cartoonish
• Tint – check skin tones look natural and are not too green or red
THX tune-up uses your iPad or iPhone camera to set color and tint with a special built in color filter. Just point your device camera at the TV screen and see if your color or tint is adjusted correctly.
• Speaker assignment – ensure speakers are connected to the correct AVR output and intended sound is coming from the correct speaker
• Speaker phase – confirm that positive and negative speaker wires are connected correctly and all speakers are in phase
• Turn “moo can” on and tilt the iPhone or iPad to hear your device “moo”
• Play extraordinary THX trailers (just like the ones in THX Certified cinemas) to show off your newly tuned TV and sound system to friends and family
• Show off your audio system with the push of a button by playing “THX Deep Note” in 5.1 surround sound, just like in the theater
• Have a question for THX, or just want to provide feedback? Ask Tex!
Founded in 1983 by legendary director George Lucas, THX was born out of the desire to improve cinema audio and video capabilities. Since then, THX has taken this knowledge and translated it to other areas – including the home. THX believes everyone should have the best possible viewing and listening experience, regardless of the size and cost of the system they own.
If you are iPhone and iPad owner,you now can download THX tune-up™ for free from Apple Store. The application is available in multiple languages: English, Spanish. It weighs in at only 97.6 MB to download. The new THX tune-up™ app version 1.0 has been updated on 2014-11-02. For ensuring consistency with the device you should take into account the following app compatibility information: Compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation), iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + 4G, iPad (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini and iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular. Requires iOS 5.0 or later. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Bottom Line: For more information about THX tune-up™ check developer THX Ltd.`s website : http://www.thx.com/apps/thx-tune-up/ask-tex
iOS THX tune-up™ 1.0 Mobile
Related - Utilities - THX tune-up™ 1.0
More in Utilities - for THX tune-up™ iPhone
More by THX Ltd. - for THX tune-up™ app ioS