Download Lippincott Nursing Drug Handbooks iPhone iPad iOS
Wolters Kluwer Health, the publisher behind many iOS app (Taylorâ€™s Fundamentals of Nursing Q&A ,Free Version with Book: Taylor ,Smeltzer`s Medical Surgical Nursing, 12th Edition Q&A ,Comprehensive Pharmacy Review, 7th Edition Q&A ,Lippincott`s Q&A Review for NCLEX-RN ,LWW`s Medical Assisting Exam Review, 3rd Editio...), brings Lippincott Nursing Drug Handbooks with a number of new features along with the usual bug fixes. Lippincott Nursing Drug Handbooks app has been update to version 1.1 with several major changes and improvements. App release that improves performance, provides several new options.
Get up-to-the-minute drug information instantly, anytime and anywhere, with the Nursing Drug Handbook app.
Based on content from the best-selling Nursing2013 Drug Handbook, the Nursing Drug Handbook app is meticulously reviewed by pharmacists and nurses and updated weekly to provide the most current, relevant information that practicing nurses and students need to know to administer medications safely in any health care setting. The app emphasizes nursing and safety aspects of drug administration and includes only the most essential information.
You’ll have immediate access to more than 900 generic drugs and more than 3,300 brand-name drugs, including the latest complete drug monographs—all of the drugs in the Nursing2013 Drug Handbook and more.
Always up-to-date, the Nursing Drug Handbook app will ensure that you’re fully informed of newly updated drugs, approved and off-label uses for drugs, and drug warnings. In addition to the instant search capability that will help you quickly locate drug monographs, the program features all of the special patient safety features, like the ever-popular Nursing Considerations, that you’ve come to expect from Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
Each monograph includes the following key sections, as applicable:
• Drug name: generic and brand names along with the pronunciation, tall man letters, and pill symbol link (for drugs included in the Photoguide)
• Therapeutic and pharmacologic class
• Pregnancy risk category and controlled substances schedule
• Recent updates (weekly FDA-issued updates ensure you always stay current)
• Available forms (P.O., I.V., I.M., subcutaneous, inhalational, etc.)
• Indications & dosages (common prescribed/off-label uses, accurate dosages, adjust-a-dose information)
• Administration (covers all applicable routes, I.V. information specially highlighted)
• Action (route, onset, peak, duration, half-life)
• Adverse reactions (identified by body system)
• Interactions (drug-drug, drug-herb, drug-lifestyle)
• Effects on lab results
• Contraindications & cautions (overdose signs and symptoms listed)
• Nursing considerations (describes monitoring techniques, prevention and treatment, patient safety and comfort)
• Patient teaching (guidelines on safe drug use, storage, and compliance)
• Nursing process (assessment, nursing diagnoses, planning/implementation, evaluation).
Also included are the following features:
• Photoguide (includes images of over 400 of the most commonly prescribed brand-name drugs)
• Dosage calculator
• Add-a-note (lets you save a note in any drug monograph)
• Favorites (lets you save a drug as a favorite)
• Special characters tab (provides a key to all special symbols used in the app).
The Lippincott Nursing Drug Handbooks is now available as a free download on Apple Store for both iPhone and iPad owners.The application is supporting English language. It weighs in at only 46.2 MB to download. It is highly advisable to have the latest app version installed so that you don`t miss out on the fresh new features and improvements. The current app version 1.1 has been released on 2014-11-08. For ensuring consistency with the device you should take into account the following app compatibility information: Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPad.Requires iOS 5.0.1 or later.
More Info: Find more info about Lippincott Nursing Drug Handbooks in Wolters Kluwer Health`s Official Website : http://thepoint.lww.com/
iOS Lippincott Nursing Drug Handbooks 1.1 Mobile
Downloaded and won`t even open- "a few bugs" doesn`t even describe it.
Apps is jerky and slow. Come with free information on 100 drugs.
Sub-menu bar expand function is poor. It shows text at the middle or the end. I needed to scroll up.
Apps need improvement. Can be very useful.
Related - Medical - Lippincott Nursing Drug Handbooks 1.1
More in Medical - for Lippincott Nursing Drug Handbooks iPhone
More by Wolters Kluwer Health - for Lippincott Nursing Drug Handbooks app ioS